Many might not think so, but the period after you move to a new place is perfect for doing fun things. Surely, you must be feeling the dreaded post-relocation depression and need to find ways to unwind. On top of that, you need to explore your new home, and what better way to do so than by having fun? Luckily for you, Denver is the hub of fun activities, both if you moved in alone or with family. Turn that frown upside down with these fun things to see and do in Denver after moving. There’s fun for everyone, regardless if you prefer looking at art exhibitions or outdoor activities. If you want to go shopping or just go out for a coffee or drink, let one of the best full service moving companies Denver has to offer, help you enjoy the city. Let’s have fun in Denver after moving!
After the move, nature lovers will enjoy these activities
When you hired your Denver small movers, you probably had them move your hiking gear to your new home. If you want to stretch your legs and get some fresh air after relocation, these pastimes are for you.
Denver has many a park and trail for you to visit after the move, both inside the city itself and outside. An absolute must is the Rocky Mountain National Park, as it’s also known as the no. 1 attraction in Colorado. It takes you into the very heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, where gorgeous scenery awaits you. If you’d like to try out something smaller, try out one of the many parks in Denver. Confluence Park, City Park, and the Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park are one of the many parks you should see. Why is that?
If you just so happen to be a sports person, Confluence Park offers many sports activities for everyone. Biking, hiking, fishing, skating, and tubing, are only some of the things you can do. Luckily, the home movers Denver locals such as yourself hire managed to move your sports equipment! If you want to swim and cool off in the summer heat, Elitch Gardens is the place for you! If you still want more, City Park offers many sports sites and two picnic areas, and it’s also home to the Denver Zoo. All in all, it doesn’t matter if you’re a sports person or just want to relax in nature: Denver has a lot of fun things to offer. You better start working on a plan for your next field trip in Denver on time!
Among the fun things to see and do in Denver after moving is shopping
After relocating to Denver, you will want to get to know the local shops, cafes, and other points of interest. There are far too many fun places to visit in Denver, but we will list a few to give you some inspiration.
Shopaholic or not, the Cherry Creek Shopping District is your go-to place when you need anything and everything. It has well over 500 department stores, boutiques, galleries, spas, and one-of-a-kind shops. Cherry Creek Shopping Center is a huge mall with all kinds of famous brands. If you’d rather go for a cup of coffee, Cherry Creek North offers tree-lined streets with cafes, spas, and galleries with many a fountain and public art.
Aside from these, you may also be interested in Denver’s 16th Street Mall and Larimer Square. Both are very large shopping districts in Denver, and you can even take the Free MallRide bus to make your way through the mall with ease.
Denver wouldn’t be Denver without the fun art and history exhibits
There’s a reason why we dubbed Denver the hub of fun stuff. Sure, shopping, sports, and field trips are all fun, but there are many more special things in Denver waiting for you.
- Aside from the growing number of street art and murals, there are many museums and galleries to visit in Denver. Try out the Denver Art Museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver (MCA Denver), the Museo de las Americas and the Clyfford Still Museum. There are also local art galleries in the River North Art District, Art District on Santa Fe, and Golden Triangle Creative District. If you’re in for something different, the Meow Wolf Convergence Station will blow your mind.
- For history lovers, there are many history museums! The Molly Brown House Museum, the Black American West Museum, and History Colorado Center are only some of them. Big sports fans can also visit the National Ballpark Museum.
- For those who have little kids or are kids at heart, Denver can accommodate your needs, too. The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus and the Denver Museum of Nature & Science are warm recommendations…
- … but if you’re in for some adult fun, consider taking a craft beer or whiskey tour in Denver!
- The Union Station is the symbol of Denver and is a must-see on this list.
Of course, there are many more things you could do in Denver after the move, but these are some of the most popular options. After relocating with the long distance movers Denver had to offer, you’ll want to unwind and see some new things.
The fun things to see and do in Denver after moving will keep you busy
If there’s anything Home Grown Moving has taught you in this article, it’s that fun is in every nook and cranny of Denver. Regardless of what you like, there will always be fun things to see and do in Denver after moving, anytime. Being active and exploring can help you feel better and less isolated after the move, which is how people often feel after a recent relocation. So, what are you waiting for: go outside and explore all that Denver has to offer!