Most of the time, you will need to enlist the help of the moving company for your relocation. However, finding a reliable and trustworthy company is something that you may want to pay closer attention to. Unfortunately, not all Colorado movers are equal. Some moving companies, unlike Home Grown Moving, might actually want to scam you out of your hard-earned money. You need to pay close attention when looking for a reliable moving company in Colorado if you want to avoid this happening to you. Luckily, you have plenty of resources at your disposal.
The best way to start looking for trustworthy moving companies is to find some referrals. Then you may also want to do a background check of the company in question, just to make sure. Finally, make sure to check what is it exactly that the moving company offers. But we will get more in-depth about it in our:
Guide to finding a reliable moving company in Colorado
If you follow the steps below, you will have no trouble finding a company that will be both trustworthy and reliable. Simply see if movers have all the requirements that we will present here. First things first, though. The best way to start evaluating moving companies is to:
Want to hire a reliable moving company in Colorado – Get referrals
When looking for interstate moving company Colorado, referrals are your best friends. These experiences of others will definitely help you make a better decision. The people that you may wish to ask are:
- Family and friends – Always a great source of referrals. If you got a referral from a family member or a close friend, you will never need to doubt its authenticity. These referrals are the best ones to gather if you can.
- Your acquaintances – Second grade of referrals, you can always ask all of your acquaintances if they had any positive experiences with moving companies. The small issue here is that people might want to impress you and may provide information that they do not actually have, but have read somewhere. People will be people, after all.
- Other sources – You can also try to find referrals in other places, such as on the internet. There are a lot of places where people write reviews and they also might be worth checking out. Do note that this type of referrals holds the least amount of value for you, as you can never be 100% sure about anything that you read on the internet. You should also know how to recognize fake online moving reviews!
However you get them, the important part is that you have them. Next up, you will need to do:
A background check
A background check is something that you absolutely need to do before even considering hiring a moving company. Many people do not do this and they end up with their stuff being taken hostage. Avoid this and make sure to figure out:
- Do they own a required license – Simple enough, every moving company needs to have a license for their operations. Failure to provide you with a proper license usually means one of two things. Either the moving company is really new in the industry and is in the process of obtaining one, or it is trying to scam its customers. Simple as that. Make sure that you know which type of company you are dealing with. Better yet, do not deal with companies that don’t have licenses at all. That is the safest option.
- Experiences of the previous customers – Some of the customers will definitely want to leave a review. Check it out, see what they have to say. Always take it with a grain of salt, though.
- How long does the company exist? – This one is also important, the best thing is to deal with a moving company that is at least several years old. That way you know they are here to stay.
- Do their trucks have a company logo – Finally, if your moving company does not have their own logo on their moving trucks, something is fishy. You don’t really need to know what, simply don’t entrust your belongings to people who can’t be bothered to put their own logo on their moving trucks. Simple as that.
How to choose the right and reliable moving company in Colorado
Finally, after you’ve done everything above, it is time to communicate with the company and:
- Ask for a moving estimate – First things first, see how much they want for your relocation. Then ask some other companies the same and see if the offers are at least at the same ballpark. A really low offer is automatically suspicious.
- Get a list of moving services – See what kind of moving services the company offers. The more they can offer to you, the more professional they most likely are. If all you can see is “residential moving” and “long-distance relocations”, again something is fishy. Not a single moving company in good standing will have only those two moving services in their repertoire.
- Professionals always offer moving insurance included in the price – Also something that you need to pay attention to. Some moving companies will give a great price for your relocation and everything might add up, but for one thing. Insurance. By cutting down on insurance costs, your movers might be able to give you a great looking estimate. Which is not complete without the insurance, of course. Don’t fall victim to this, always check if your stuff will be insured.
- Do they offer storage solutions – Finally, if a moving company does not offer storage solutions, they might not be that great. The fact of the matter is that professional movers need to be a “complete package”. If you need something that is connected to your move, like storage solutions are, they need to have it. Simple as that.