Moving doesn’t look as positive as it is at the first glance. All the amount of work, stress, planning happens for a good reason. We will see everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end. Action leads to progress at every level so our moving isn’t an exception. Let’s be practical and get things with the moving done. Whether you are used to moving often or haven’t been moving in a long time, the process will be a challenging period even for the most well-versed. Undoubtfully, moving doesn’t go easy on anyone but there are some ways to make things less tight. Tips on how to pack faster, lower the workload, and make the moving go just a bit more efficient will help. Is it possible? Yes, just read on. Follow our moving tips on how to pack economically and find out quick ways to improve your relocation.
Organize your move
Get prepared as soon as possible. Even the best planners out there don’t finish off with smooth moving if they don’t start on time. A lot of things await you before you put your first item in the box. Preparation time won’t necessarily take up a lot of your energy. Let’s see how efficiently it can be done if you consider the following
- Moving company
- Shut off utilities
- Plan packing supplies
- Economical packing plan
Prepare a moving budget
Establish your budget. Moving can get expensive, and you want to set up a budget in advance. Take advantage of online services, get your free estimates and figure out how much you can expect to spend. Choose among good moving companies in the Denver area or nearby with quality service and a proven reputation. In order not to forget later about your utility services, cancel them or transfer them preferably a month before the hectic period of moving even starts. Having the right packing supplies can make a difference when packing. Plan in advance and get these essentials: boxes, bubble wraps, packing tape, some cargo straps and ropes, moving labels and permanent markers, trash bags.
How to pack economically for a move
The most efficient way to pack is to hire a professional team of packers. Thornton CO movers can come in handy in this endeavor. Professional crews are people who are trustworthy and responsible, skilled, polite, strong, and practical. The amount of time and quality of service that professional packers give are in proportion and we get an excellent value for money ratio.
Packing to move by yourself might simply be the most time-consuming part of the whole relocation process. Our efficient packing tips about moving, show you the shortcuts that can save you time while still making sure that your belongings are safe and sound. With that in mind, here are the packing tips for a smoother move.
- Get free boxes. Not only will using free moving boxes save you money, but you will also leave a green footprint by reusing boxes rather than purchasing new ones.
- Color-coded boxes. Save time with labeling boxes. Use different colors. Assign each room in your house color. Each color of duct tape should indicate a room. That way, you’ll be able to identify what needs to go where fast.
- Leave dresser drawers as they are. Take the drawers out of the dresser, don’t empty the items. Secure items by wrapping up the drawer in plastic wrap. If the drawers aren’t overloaded, you can leave them in the dresser and just tape the drawers or wrap up the dresser itself.
- Leave your clothes hanging. Keeping clothes on the hangers will be a time-saving option. You can also wrap them in large trash bags.
- Packing your shoes. Wrap your shoes individually to protect them from each other. Doing so will prevent high heels or buckles from damaging other shoes. Shoes won’t lose their shape if you fill them up with socks.
- Use your bedding or soft cloth items for packing. Fill up the pillowcases with small soft items, like plush toys. Wrap up glasses or small breakables in socks for complete padding. Use linens and towels to pad fragile items like lamps and vases. When packing the kitchen, you can use dish towels to securely wrap up knives and other sharp objects.
- Pack your traveling bags and suitcases. So, packing a lot of heavy things in traveling bags or suitcases will save your hands as wheels make them easy to move. Avoid using large suitcases for packing books. Opt for middle-sized or small suitcases instead to secure easier carrying if wheels break along the way.
Of course, if this all looks like an impossible task for you, you can always consider hiring professional packing services CO to give you a hand.
Packing different items
- Use containers and pots to secure small items. You’ll save plenty of space if you fill up your large pots and sealable containers with spices, kitchen utensils, or gadgets.
- Prevent spilling by wrapping. Prevent spills during transportation by using plastic wrap or bags to secure the lids of your toiletries, cleaning supplies, and other items you don’t want all around.
- How to pack a TV for moving. Moving companies offer a kit for moving a flat television. There are different options available. Knowing the dimensions of your TV set is a must. TV kits contain a box that comes with four foam edge protectors. If you are unsure of the kit you need to buy, contact residential movers CO and ask for a recommendation.
- Take a picture of the back of your TV and other appliances. Remembering where all the wires go is a difficult task. While your TV is still plugged in, take a picture of its back so you can remember how to set it up again later.
Planning is done as well as packing. Finally, you can cross out a significant line, how to pack economically, from the list. You did a great job, therefore pat yourself on the back. Still, the big moving day is getting closer and closer. It requires a lot of energy, so you should get some rest and prepare well for the moving day, which is an incredibly tiring and stressful experience. On the whole, unpacking is following on but it’s a different story.