Insiders Packing List for Moving
At Homegrown Moving, we’re all about helping the fine folks of Colorado save money during their move. This is why we’ve come up with the “Insiders Packing List” to make sure you are getting the items you need for your move and avoid any big surprises. We hope you find this list helpful and use it as a resource to help you save time and money while you plan your Colorado move.
Must Haves for Packing Up Your Home
- A variety of small, medium, and large boxes: Depending on the size of your home, you’ll want some bundles of boxes in a variety of sizes. We recommend purchasing a variety of small, medium, and large boxes from a local supplier. This will prove the most efficient process for packing up your belongings. Please load the heavier items like books, and canned goods in small boxes. Try not to load the medium and large boxes with too much weight as this will significantly slow down your move and add more cost because we are not able to move as many heavy boxes at one time.
- Packing tape and tape gun: You want to be sure to have some quality packing tape and tape-gun to make sure boxes are securely taped up for packing and moving
- Packing paper: You’ll want to invest in some rolls of packing paper for boxing up your dishes, decor, and delicate items in boxes to help keep them safe and secure.
- Sharpie markers and labels: Buy a pack of colored permanent markers to help with box labeling and organization or buy different color labels for different rooms in your home. This is very helpful when moving into your new place as everything is color coded and easy fo the movers to identify which room they go into.
- Moving blankets: 4 to 12 depending on how much artwork and furniture you have. These help keep wood and leather from getting scratched
- Wardrobe boxes: Depending how many clothes you have, especially nicer garments, you may want to have a handful of wardrobe boxes for hanging/packing some of your finer clothes
- Ratchet straps: 4-6 straps to help keep large items secure during your move (even if closeby)
- Sticky notes: To help with any last minute labeling or organizing/staging
- Dolly: To assist with moving large items and appliances
- Hammer & Screwdrivers: For taking down nails, hanging brackets, bed frames
If you need help planning your next move in Colorado, contact us today at Homegrown Moving in Denver. We offer free moving estimates with everything from packing to loading your home and belongs. We hope to hear from you soon!