The coronavirus has been here for a while and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. But our lives can’t stop just because of it. You might have to move despite the pandemic. And considering that relocating is always pretty stressful and demanding, you can only imagine what it’s like now. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back. We’re here to tell you some tips that will help make moving during the pandemic a little easier and more manageable. From tips about movers Aurora CO to advice about your safety, we’ll cover it all. So, if you want to learn how to successfully move into your new home during the COVID-19 pandemic, this is the article for you. Let’s dive in and see what you can do to make this relocation a better experience.
Is moving necessary?
First of all, start by asking yourself if moving is really essential right now. Are you moving because you have to or is it something that you could postpone? Of course, because we don’t know how long we’ll have this pandemic to deal with, it’s hard to tell when the best time for your move will be. So, if you’re unhappy in your current space or you need to relocate for a different reason, that’s fine. The pandemic doesn’t have to stop you.
But if possible, maybe you’d like to consider the idea of delaying this transition. If you are in a high-risk group or you’re experiencing any symptoms, it’s best to move at a later date. But if you’ve decided that you 100% want to move during the pandemic, there are things you can do to make sure you’re staying safe.
Take care of your health and safety while relocating during the pandemic
Taking care of your health and safety is the number one priority during this time, especially when you’re relocating during the coronavirus pandemic. Usually, when moving, you’re mainly worried about your items arriving at the destination safely and avoiding any injuries. But this time, you also want to avoid getting the virus. So, here are some precautionary measures you want to take.
- Wear a mask while relocating during the COVID-19 pandemic. Although the masks aren’t a 100% guarantee that you won’t get infected, they significantly reduce the chances of that happening. Also, by wearing the mask you’re protecting those around you. So, if when you’re in contact with other people while moving, wear your mask.
- Keep your hands as clean as possible. Throughout the day we touch countless objects and collect a lot of dirt and bacteria on our hands. That’s why it’s super important to keep your hands clean by washing them as often as you can or disinfecting them.
- Don’t touch your face. Just like you’ve probably heard ”wash your hands” about a million times, our guess is that you’ve also heard that you shouldn’t touch your face. But we’ll remind you once again. To avoid getting the virus into your mouth, nose, or eyes, just refrain from touching your face. At least until you wash your hands.
- Keep your distance. Social distancing is crucial if you want to be careful and responsible. So, if you’re working with full service moving companies Denver, remember to keep a safe distance from the movers.
- Sanitize the high traffic areas like doorknobs and handles, light switches, faucets, etc.
Check out moving companies’ COVID-19 statements
If you were worried that you’ll have to do it all alone because of the pandemic, don’t fret. Despite the pandemic, moving companies are still open for business. So, if you’d like to hire residential movers Dever, you still can. But before you do, we suggest reading the company’s COVID-19 statement.
This includes all the information that lets you know how the movers are operating during the pandemic. It also tells you about the precautionary measures the movers are taking. For example, they need to keep the trucks sanitized, wear masks, and keep hand sanitizer in the trucks. So, it’s good to take a look at this statement to be aware of how they are conducting business at this time. But working with professionals is definitely going to make moving during the pandemic much easier to bear.
Handle whatever you can online when moving during the pandemic
Because we’re meant to be staying inside and avoiding contact with other people, the Internet is our friend. Luckily, there are a lot of things you can get done online and avoid leaving your home. So, when you’re relocating during the coronavirus outbreak, we suggest handling some of your moving tasks online.
- Ask the movers for virtual moving estimates.
- Research the movers online. Ask them for a video call instead of going for a face-to-face meeting.
- Change your address over the USPS website.
- See if you can get a virtual house tour when looking for a new home.
- Do all the paperwork you can online.
Sanitize your new home
Once you get to your new home, all you want to do is relax and put your feet up. But, there’s something you should do first. Take the time to disinfect your new home. Focus on the high-traffic areas, as mentioned above, but don’t forget about all the other surfaces as well. Because the virus can remain on surfaces for a long time, you want to make sure your home is clean and safe before you start getting comfortable. So, clean the kitchen counters, the appliances, tables, shelves, disinfect your bathroom, etc. This is something you can’t leave for later if you’re moving during the coronavirus.
Keep yourself and others safe – be responsible
Lastly, we just want to remind you that you should be responsible and think of your health but also the health of those around you. This doesn’t only mean wearing a mask. It also means letting the local movers CO know if you’ve had any symptoms or if you’ve been in contact with someone who’s sick. Don’t put others at risk if you know that you’re potentially contagious. Also, take care of yourself, follow the rules, and try to keep yourself safe and healthy. We wish you luck if you’re moving during the pandemic and we hope that it will be a success.