If you’re thinking of downsizing, many packers and movers Denver offers can help you move to your new home. However, there’s one thing about downsizing that bugs almost every person moving to a new, small home. When you move from a big house or apartment into a small one, you’ll find it hard to organize your new home. This might discourage people looking to downsize and move to Parker, but there’s nothing to worry about. Home Grown Moving Company will share some of the simple tips for reorganizing a small home in Parker with you. We will also tell you the main reasons why small homeowners keep finding their homes low on space. The fear of clutter shouldn’t stand in the way of your new home, so let’s get over this fear together. Grab some coffee and take a seat so we can learn to organize small homes easily.
As with every other relocation, you must purge and get rid of clutter
Decluttering is easier said than done, right? Let’s say you found your movers in DTC, and that you successfully moved to Parker. You must’ve decluttered before the move, but once you settled in and started unpacking, things started to look crowded again. This is normal: how could you have known that fitting all of your stuff in a much smaller space wouldn’t work right away? That’s why, after you “organize” your home for the first time, you have to reorganize it. As sad as it is, it’s the truth.
So, what better way to free up space in your small home than by purging your items? Put everything together in a pile, and then make smaller piles! Sort items you want to keep, those which are damaged, those which you won’t keep, and the infamous “not sure” pile. Those items which you don’t plan to keep, you can either throw them away, gift them to somebody else, sell them or donate them to a charity! It’s all up to you. All that matters is that you make lots of free space in your Parker home so you can get comfortable.
It doesn’t matter if you live in a house or an apartment: free space is always welcome. Speaking of, if you are moving from or to an apartment, the best apartment movers Denver has ever seen can help you. Why choose just any movers to move you to Parker when you can hire the right people for the job? We at Home Grown Moving Company will be more than happy to help with your next apartment move. Just call us and we’ll start working on planning the move!
The key to reorganizing a small home in Parker is space and storage management
You have to use what little space you have wisely. Movers Parker CO has to offer can help you assemble and place your furniture once you move in. However, that’s just the beginning of the whole ordeal. Luckily, we’ve gathered several different tips and tricks for managing space in your home and making the most of it.
- Living in a small home means you won’t have many rooms. This is why you should divide every larger area of your home into a zone. For example, the one big, main room in your home can serve both as a living room and a dining room. Just arrange it to your liking and you’re good to go!
- Maximize your closet space and use every single nook and cranny you can for storage. Another good tip to follow that goes hand-in-hand with this one is to utilize vertical space! It can give you more space to move around.
- Get creative with organizing storage. Use anything you can to put things away, from improvised shelves to airtight containers, boxes, coat hangers, baskets, et cetera.
- The fewer items you have on the floor, the better. Usually, opting for the floor as means of storing or keeping items is a bad idea in the long run. It can get in the way and look quite messy. It makes more sense to, for example, keep a toybox on the floor than to have a bunch of toys in the corner.
- Living in a small house or apartment will most likely mean having a small kitchen. The best tip for a tidy small-home kitchen is to keep countertops tidy and clear.
- Get furniture with storage compartments, and collapsible, foldable furniture
- Less is more: think of what you want to bring home with you.
Living in a small place is a technique you must learn and get used to
Living in a small home may not be for everyone, but sometimes you have no other choice. Perhaps you had to urgently move and had to hire emergency movers Denver to relocate you, and the only choice you had was a small house or apartment. However, there are a few other things you can do to make your small nook spacious and easy to navigate in.
Vacuum packing clothes is a great way to free up space in your wardrobe! Just swap out your winter clothes for summer clothes and vice versa, depending on the time of the year. Stack them, pack them up in a vacuum bag, suck all the air out and you’re good to go!
Stack containers to use space more efficiently
One more thing you should start doing in your small home in Parker is stacking. Buy stacking containers for just about anything: the fridge, the bathroom cabinet… Or, you can get shelving units to add to your cabinets to make use of the vertical space you have available.
Overall, these are just some of the many simple tips for reorganizing a small home in Parker, but they will definitely help you. After you move to Parker with Home Grown Moving Company, make sure to remember and use some of these tips to make your small home as comfortable as possible. Call us and we can start working on scheduling your next big or small move today!