After a long time of planning and looking for Colorado movers and relocation tips, the day has come. If you are reading this, then you are probably just one day and night away from your move to Wheat Ridge. On one hand, it feels like the stress and worrying about the move have come to an end. On the other hand, you should know that things are far from over. Your relocation is over only once you’re done unpacking your things in your new home. So, now you must be thinking of what to do one day before moving to Wheat Ridge. To be honest with you, there is a lot more to prepare before the moving day. Read this article and find out what to add to your moving day checklist!
Contact your movers one day before moving to Wheat Ridge
It is only normal to stay in touch with your movers throughout the whole moving process. Whether you’re relocating to Wheat Ridge or somewhere else, make sure to talk to your movers! You should check the timetable, make sure to get rid of any misunderstandings. Run over the big and small details one more time, like moving services, the time, etc. This allows you to make changes and avoid any unpleasant situations.
Final cleaning and packing is a must
Don’t leave anything for the last minute. There are many things to do before the moving day, and if you don’t do them on time, it’ll be stressful. One thing worse than leaving everything for the last minute is forgetting to pack or prepare some. Some of the things you should do are:
- Pack a moving essentials bag or box. You will pack up with things you will definitely need on moving day and the day after. You should also pack things like crucial documents and valuables. Chargers, toiletries, medicine, and a few more sets of clothes should also be packed. Keep the bag or box in your car or a place where you can make sure it won’t end up getting loaded for transport.
- Pack a cooler. It can get very hot during the move because of heavy lifting since it requires lots of energy. On top of that, one might forget to eat and drink, which is why you should pack a cooler with water and snacks just in case. Protein bars, sandwiches, and such are all great choices, especially if they make little to no mess. Consider packing some extra food and drinks for the movers, if you want to.
- Empty the fridge and pantry. This basically goes hand-in-hand with the previous two tips. Eat and drink as much as you can before the moving day. Pay attention to things that can spoil easily, like dairy products. You have to empty the fridge if you plan to move it to Wheat Ridge, and will also have to defrost it if it has a freezer compartment.
Overall, final packing and emptying are important.
A few more things to do one day before moving
There’s no such thing as preparing too much for the move. That is why we want to suggest doing a few more things before moving with movers Wheat Ridge CO can offer. Doing these things can help you out greatly before and during the moving day.
- Buy packing materials and pack any other items you plan to move to your new Wheat Ridge home. In other words, run one last check and see if you forgot anything, whether it’s just a piece of décor or something bigger.
- Provide parking space or a clean driveway for moving vehicle(s). For the most part, you just want to make sure to notify your neighbors about the arrival of the moving truck because it will need a free parking space. If you are moving from a house, then, again, make sure the driveway is clear, and notify your neighbors just in case.
- Make sure your car is ready for the moving day. Check whether the fuel tank is full. See if the things you planned before the moving day are all in their designated spots, be it the trunk or the backseats. If your car needs repairs, get that sorted out ASAP to avoid mishaps on the moving day itself.
- Disassemble the bigger furniture. Packing services Denver CO moving companies offer are helpful, but will usually charge additionally for furniture disassembly. If you want to save some money on the move, you can try doing this yourself.
- Get your kids and pets sorted out. Moving day can be dangerous for the little ones. You might want to leave them with your friends or family until the move is over.
Preparing one day before moving to Wheat Ridge changes everything
And this also applies to any other move in general. Whether you’re moving with Denver residential movers or having an interstate move, a good plan and preparation will save lots of money and time. This is why you should always make a moving checklist and check it the whole time until the relocation is over. There’s no way you will forget anything or do something wrong if your move is planned out well.
Now you’re ready to move to your new home
Now that you know what to do one day before moving to Wheat Ridge, you’re good to go! With your things packed and your family prepared for the big day, you can count on Home Grown Moving’s experienced movers to transport your items safely to your Wheat Ridge home. We hope your relocation will go smoothly and that you’ll be able to relax and enjoy your life in your new home. If you already haven’t done so, call us and get a free moving quote! We would love to work with you and move your home.