Long-distance relocation can be tricky. Even if you hire a professional moving company Colorado to help, you will still have a lot of things to finish up before and after the move. This can be a stressful period, especially after the move days. To avoid that you should pack an essential bag. This will help you get through all the stressful things you have to complete. Continue reading our guide and learn what to pack in your essentials bag for a long-distance move.
Pack in your essentials bag for a long-distance move a couple of days before the move
Regardless of what kind of move we are planning, an essential bag is there to make everything easier. With the unpacking and settling in process, you won’t have enough time to focus on many other things. This is where the essential bag comes in handy. Just when you think everything is ok and ready for the move, you will see that there are still some things left to do. You can’t pack everything in this bag, so you will have to pack only the things you will need the most. As far as the regular packing goes, you won’t have to worry about it. There are good packing services Denver you can always rely on. This will help you focus more on the other more complicated tasks at hand.
What are the most essential things to pack
Now, you will have to focus on what you need to pack in the essential bag. There are not that many things you can put in it, but the most essential are:
- Food that will get you through the long travel. This includes snacks, water, juices, fruits, and perhaps some lunch. It is important to have food for the road because it can be difficult to travel long distances.
- Don’t forget to pack bathroom toiletries. That way you won’t have to search for them after the move.
- Pack comfortable clothes you will wear those couple of days after the move. Long-distance relocation can be hard, and you should feel comfortable when unpacking. And to make everything easier, you can always count on the help of good long distance movers Denver. That way you won’t have to deal with many other issues.
- It is important to pack medication for the move.
- Pack all the personal documents you have.
Long-distance relocation is not something you can plan in a short notice. It takes time to prepare and organize everything. But, if you happen to have to move very soon, then you should always opt for last minute moving services. With the pros help at your hands, you won’t have to worry about your relocation at all.
This is not something you can just pile up in your bag and call it a day. Every piece of item in this list requires some special kind of packing techniques. You can’t pack documents, gadgets, food, and medication the same way. Let’s go over these things step by step, firstly
- When packing your documents, you have to have in mind that you can’t put them anywhere. They have to be at your arms reach but still safe and secured. Make sure to pack them in one of the pockets of the bag that has a working zip on it. If you don’t have that, then pack them in some smaller bag and put them in. All in all, it is important to keep them in one place.
- Gadgets are extremely fragile and can break easily. Most of the time people do not remember this so then end up with broken valuables. It is extremely important to remember this if you are moving you’d kids’ stuff. You wouldn’t want to end up breaking some expensive equipment they use for school. It is just one of the ways to organize a long distance family move. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Packing food is not that simple. But, yet, you can use tin foil and wrap all those sandwiches and snacks. For bigger lunches, always use food boxes.
- Keep the medication in a separate plastic box.
All in all these tips are here to help you move without stress. As far as clothes go, there are many ways you can pack them. And since we are talking about comfy clothes that do not need ironing, then you can use garbage bags and put them in. It is easy to pack and you won’t have to look around aimlessly for them.
Once you have packed all the things you need for that first couple of days, you have to think about this small part. although this is not something you need to pack in the essential bag, you still need to have it easy to reach. The very first thing you would want to do after the move is to make a meal. And you don’t want to stress out over the fact that you packed all the kitchen cutlery and plates somewhere deep in some box. Simply, designate one box for this and label it. Don’t forget to use some bright colored marker so movers can read what it contains. That way they will be careful with your boxes.
If by any bad chance, you end up with some broken plates, you can simply toss them away. But, you should know that there are some ways to pack your plates like a pro. Always use old newspapers and wrap them around the plates. Having broken plates is not that bad. There is a lot of DIY project for broken plates you can use. Who knows, you can end up with a beautiful piece of decoration.
Do not forget to pack your essentials bag
These are what we consider to be the most important things to pack in your essentials bag for a long-distance move. Although it may sound reasonable, a lot of people forget about this, therefore making their relocation hard. We hope our article provided you with much-needed help.